Exciting things are underway behind the scenes at the Grey! The museum reopens March 2, 2024 and resumes our regular hours. Stay tuned for updates on our programs, scholarly publications, and digital projects.
Planning to visit as a group? If there are 10 or more people in your party, please fill out one of the forms linked below so we know how many people to expect and what specific needs and goals you may have for your visit.
All groups of 10 and above are asked to schedule their visit at least two weeks in advance. Groups without prior reservations may be denied admission.
Group visits are free for NYU students, faculty, staff, other college or university classes, and New York City K-12 school groups.
Please note: Group visits are available Tuesday-Friday, 11am–5pm. Exceptions are sometimes possible for university and college classes that meet before 11 am.
Reservation Request Forms for University and College Classes
All visiting university and college classes should request a reservation. Instructors or TAs must be present for self-guided visits; instructors must attend visits led by a Grey Museum Guide.
Reservation Request Forms for K–12 School Groups
All K-12 groups require one chaperone per five students.
Reservation Request Form for All Other Groups
All other groups of 10–25 people can request a reservation here.
GROUP VISIT POLICIES
Thank you for your interest in the Grey Art Museum at New York University. Reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance for all group visits by 10 or more people.
Groups that arrive at the Grey without a reservation may be denied entry to the gallery or otherwise asked to leave.
Special arrangements must be made in advance for groups larger than 25, which may include breaking into smaller groups and staggering arrival times.
Groups cannot join other tours led by Grey Museum Guides.
Groups may request a Grey Museum Guide tour. Our standard tours last 40 minutes; a customized tour may be available upon request. Guided groups of 10 to 25 for any type of group (K–12, adult, corporate, college/university, senior center etc.), are welcome to schedule a tour. The maximum group per tour is 25 people. Special arrangements may be available for larger groups. K–12 groups require at least one chaperone for every 5 students (or fewer).
Please make every attempt to arrive at the time of your reservation. Groups arriving before 11:00 am must wait outdoors until the building entrance opens. Please keep this in mind when planning your trip, especially in the case of inclement weather.
- Group tours are free of charge for NYU students, faculty, and staff; other matriculated college students; and New York City K-12 school groups.
- Admission for other groups larger than 10 is $5.00 per person, payable to the front desk attendant upon arrival—in the form of one cash payment, one check, or by credit card. The Grey will not accept individual payments from people in the group.
- If you have any questions regarding admission, please put a note in the comments section of the group scheduling request.
- If your group arrives late for a tour, you may receive a shorter tour ending at the original time.
Coat and Bag Check
Visitors are required to leave some belongings in lockers. This includes backpacks, other large bags, food and drink, and outerwear. Remove small valuables such as wallets, cellphones, and cameras, and keep them with you. The museum is not responsible for lost items.
To cancel your group visit reservation, please email email@example.com at least five business days in advance.
The Grey reserves the right to cancel reservations if necessary.
The Grey does not have a lunch area. Weather permitting, groups may eat in front of 18 Cooper Square, or they may eat at one of the many restaurants in the vicinity—in which case, we recommend making a reservation in advance.
- If you are requesting a tour for staff of another museum, an organization, or a business, please indicate which one in the comments section of the form.
- Tours can only be scheduled by submitting the online Group Scheduling Request form. Phone and email requests will not be honored.
- If would like to ask a question prior to submitting your group scheduling request form, please do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rules for Visitors
- All backpacks and large bags must be checked in our lockers upon arrival. Remove small valuables such as wallets, cellphones, and cameras, and keep them with you. The gallery is not responsible for lost items.
- Do not touch works of art.
- Do not lean on or touch walls or cases.
- No food, drink, or gum is allowed.
- No flash photography.
- No plugging anything into the gallery’s wall outlets.
SoHo Arts Network (SAN)
The Grey is a member of The SoHo Arts Network, a working network of non-profit art spaces in and around SoHo. Founded in 2014, SAN celebrates the rich history of our unique creative community and collectively shares our distinctive cultural contributions with neighborhood residents and visitors.
Explore member organizations on the SAN website.
View the latest SAN map.
Learn about other NYU art spaces and public art on campus.
Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 9 am–5 pm. Write to us at email@example.com or call us at (212) 998-6780 (Fax: 212-995-4024).